FebFambam @ CJPS
For the month of March, the Preschool Department (PS) will have its Family Day on Saturday, March 4, 2017. With the title, CJPS Kids’ Choice Awards, the PS children will perform to popular songs as they honor their biggest support … their FAMILY. As you know, family is the single most important influence in a child’s life. From their first moments of life, children depend on parents and family to protect them and provide for their needs. They are the child’s first teachers and serves as role models as they experience the world around them. These are some of the reasons why Family Day is celebrated every year at CJPS. Please note that details about our Family Day will be communicated in a separate letter in the succeeding weeks.
Finally, March will also be dedicated to our Moving Up Day preparations. We know that this event is the affirmation of all of your child’s achievements and the validation of your dedication to providing your child with quality education. Because of this, we encourage you to block off your calendars for all the important dates in March.
In last month’s Celebration of the Feast of the Sto. Nino and Inauguration of our new building, we witnessed the graceful presentation of the Sinulog Festival by our grade schoolers. Truly, we are thankful for your presence and support in this event.
As we draw closer to the end of the school year, February will be marked by an activity involving the entire family. With the title, “CJPS FAMBAM 2K17”, students from Grades 1 to 4 levels and their families will take part in Filipino Games with a twist. Designed not only to bring about timeless memories, the event also aims to develop among students sportsmanship and a deeper sense of appreciation for games that are part of our culture. Mechanics and details for this will be given on a separate letter.
Likewise, please be informed of the activities we set for the last month of our School year. We thank you for your continued cooperation and adherence to the school’s goals.
The Feast of the Child Jesus and the inauguration of the new CJPS building have been the highlight of last month’s activities. And we would like to acknowledge and thank you, dear parents for gracing these events with your presence and support.
The remaining months of the current school year will continue to focus on both the academics and the relevant activities that cater to every student’s holistic development. Parent involvement is likewise encouraged in some of the specific activities indicated below.
The following is the breakdown of major activities for the remainder of SY 2016-2017.
- Parenting Seminar on February 18, 2017 from 9:00 – 11:00am in the Batingan Campus. Our speaker, Dr. Sinlao, is a seasoned Pediatric Adolescent Medicine specialist. She will tackle the issues encountered by modern day Filipino adolescent children and will provide tips on how we can handle them. (For Grades 5-11 Parents)
- The National Achievement Test (NAT) of Grade 6 students will be on March 9, 2017. Schedule, which will depend on the availability of test materials from DepEd, will be announced to the students.
- The Recollection of Grade 6 graduating students, together with their parents is scheduled on March 11, 2017. A separate letter indicating its specific details will be released.
- Thanksgiving Mass of Grade 6 graduating students, with their parents, will be on March 21, 2017. This will be at 9:00am, at the Sta. Ursula Parish Church. The grade 6 students will come in their graduation attire. Girls will wear their gala dress, white shoes and white stockings. While boys will wear santana polo, black slacks and black leather shoes. Please come early and have the kids bring their kind offering.
- The Grade 6 Commencement Exercises will be on March 22, 2017. This will be held at the new CJPS building, from 5:00pm onwards.
- Final Report Cards will be issued on April 11, 2017 from 9:00am to 11:00am only, at the CJPS Calumpang Campus.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your presence during last month’s celebration of the Feast of the Sto. Nino and the inauguration of our new building. We dedicate the school’s success to all of you, who have been our constant inspiration in making CJPS the best that it can be. Likewise, we would like to express our gratitude for the unconditional support you have given during our Intramurals. It is always heart-warming to see that despite some losses and wins, each Childean remained a true sportsman — one who is honest, fair and values teamwork.
As we move into the last quarter of the school year, we are guided with our theme, One School, One Team, One Mission in the different activities planned for February and March as follows:
- Parenting Seminar on February 18, 2017 from 9:00 – 11:00 am in the Batingan Campus. Our speaker, Dr. Sinlao, is a seasoned Pediatric Adolescent Medicine specialist. She will tackle the issues encountered by modern day Filipino adolescent children and will provide tips on how we can handle them. (For Grades 5-11 Parents)
- SHS Career Night will be held in the Batingan Campus on February 25, 2017 from 6:00 – 8:30 pm. Here, our Grade 11 students will speak about the various Senior High School program offerings at CJPS and share their experiences and learnings with our Grade 10 students. The Guidance Department will also be available to discuss career paths and assist students in making informed educational choices.
- Recollection for all Grade 10 students and their parents will be on March 18, 2017 at the Batingan Campus.
- Moving Up Ceremony will be on March 23, 2017. This will be held at the new CJPS building, from 5:00pm onwards.